Weekly Page views

Monday, June 13, 2011

500 calories a day

June 12
Day Twelve
Weight = 217#
AdvantEdge = 2
Pork Roast = 3 oz
Vegetable broth = 16oz
Water = 50 oz
Waling = 0
Net carbs = 12
Total protein = 55g
Calorie intake = 500
Weight loss today = .5#
Total loss = 11#

Today is Sunday, and its been a productive one, even though I didn't get a walk in today.  Between house work, garden work and running after my grandson for a good part of the day I should be ok in the exercise department.

For extra natural vitamins and nutrients I made a vegetable broth, from carrots, onions, garlic, celery and from the garden rosemary, sweet basil, lemon grass, and kaffer lime leaves.  I also added 1 can of tomato past, dried oregano, bay leaves and a few red pepper flakes.  Even though I didn't add salt, I found it to be very tasty, my family on the other hand disagrees.  Do we disagree because I have abstained from table salt over the past 12 days and my taste buds have adjusted?  I have friends that smoke and pile salt on their food that's already salted in my opinion, they say they can't taste the salt.  Since smoking effects a persons taste buds, causing them to increase their sodium intake, it makes sense that most smokers wind up with hypertension.

Due to the vegetable broth my carb count today is an approximate.

No comments:

Post a Comment